Oh hello.
So Dan has already pretty much summed up our food experience this far, but I'll add a couple things.
First, I'll add the recipe for the Biscuits and Gravy I made today
Kate's Super Easy Biscuits and White Sausage Breakfast Gravy
- 1 pound ground sausage (or sausage links broken up)
- 4 tbsp white flour
- 4ish cups of milk
- Black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt, to taste.
1) Brown sausage
2) Slowly sprinkle in flour, stirring into the sausage so that no lumps form
3) Pour in milk. I didn't measure the amount I put in, but between 3 and 4 cups should do it.
4) Stir until gravy begins to thicken. This may take 5-10 minutes, but don't worry! It will happen. It's temping to jump the gun and add more flour, but just wait it out. If you add more flour too soon, when it finally comes together, you'll have a lumpy mess instead of gravy.
5) Add your cracked black pepper and salt to taste. I add a bit of cayenne too, for a little extra spice.
6) Pour over hot, split biscuits and enjoy!
Serves 4-8, depending on biscuit size.
Second, we just bought a shit ton of beer. Here's a quick breakdown and short review. I'm no beer expert, but this is my layman's opinion. Watch me get more drunk as this goes on.
Dragon's Milk- New Holland Brewing Co.
I bought this for Dan because it's called FUCKING DRAGONS MILK and generally sounds metal as shit. It's a high gravity brew at 8.3%. Dark, carmely with a little hint of chocolate. It tastes a lot like the home brew I just made (see more later about that) but with a much stronger hops presence, less sweet, and way more balls, overall. (6/10)
Red Jacket Amber- Keweenaw Brewing Co.
I was so excited that a store down here sold KBC that I spent $10 for a 6 pack. This is the brew I get at the KBC bar at home. A little hoppy and easy to drink, I like this beer because it has plenty of flavor but offers drinkability (fuck you bud light) (7.5/10)
Olde Number 22- Arbor Brewing Co.
I bought this because the box said the company was Ypsi based and that the beer was dark but mellow (right up my alley). I'm not getting the mellow, easy to drink thing they're trying to sell. Tastes like a regular dark beer to me, nothing really special. Has the bitter hoppiness without the complexity of carmel, chocolate, or coffee undertones I look for in a dark beer. Not bad, though. Just not stand out. (6/10)
Indian Brown Ale- Dogfish Head
This is Troy's beer for tonight. I decided I liked this from the first sip. A rich and flavorful brown ale with just the right amounts of hops. Yummy, but not something I would spend the whole night drinking. Something I would have with dinner. (8/10)
Note on the rating scale:
Basically, 6-10 means I would purposely buy this beer. 3-5 is beer I would buy based on cost or availability and wouldn't mind drinking. 1-2 is something I wouldn't drink if you gave it to me. Think Old Style. Also, this is all relative to my personal view of tasty beers.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i totally have shit for buscuits and gravy so i'm going to try your recipe i guess
ReplyDelete