HOLY SHIT I LOVE GNOCCHI.
We have a show in Iron River tonight at the lovely HeBrews Coffee and Music. Instead of paying us with dollars, they pay us with delicious food. Tonight's special was chicken and gnocchi soup and home made bread and butter. omgomgomg. SO GOOD. Dan, Erin, and I have been flipping out about it all evening. I think we all had at least 2 cups. It seemed to consist of chicken, leeks possibly?, gnocchi, celery, carrots, and a milky, light creamy base with a subtle spice. the bread was perfectly crusty on the outside and soft in the middle. Erin and I are determined to recreate it. We'll post the recipe here when we do.
Pizza di Roma- Madison, WI
Yesterday, we spend the day in Madison, WI exploring and shopping. We stopped at Pizza di Roma to grab some lunch. Dan and Troy ordered way way too much pizza. Pizza 1 was 18 inches of pure fucking heaven. It was the Pizza di Roma special with sun-dried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, olives, scallions and fresh goat cheese. Pizza 2 was a spinach and feta white pizza at a more reasonable 14 inches but just as delicious. Personally, I prefered the spinach pizza. Both were tasty, well balanced, not the least bit greasy, and easy enough to eat once you figured out your folding method. My main criticism lies with the crust. It was a little too hard and the flavor left something to be desired.
Erin and I grabbed some baclava on the way out. It wasn't the best I've ever had, but still tasty and a nice end to the lunch experience.
Some things to look forward to in the upcoming days, Erin and I are going to make some tasty St. Patrick's Day treat for Bridge House! Erin knows how to make corned beef and cabbage and I'm really excited to learn how. We're thinking about adding some kind of potatoe dish and I might make my blueberry crumble for dessert. Should be tasty!
- Kate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment