Kate has not been keeping up with this. She has made very delicious eggplant bake and other meals that should be blogged about. I, on the other hand, have been making only two things : mac n cheese and meatballs, the latter of which I make very well.
This last weekend we held the first annual bridge house fest at our house in Houghton. There were a bunch of great bands including one of my favorite Michigan songwriters, Matt Jones (myspace.com/mattspainting). Check out his new record "The Black Path" if you like music.
To convince Matt to play another show at our house I enticed him with food (standard practice for booking). I decided to make my new fav, meatballs. Meatballs are a very versatile food. You can put them on a sandwich, put them in a sauce and over rice or noodles, or just eat them straight up. Here's how I did it this time:
3 lb ground beef
2 sleeves finely crushed saltine crackers
4 eggs
1/2 handfull italian seasoning
some pepper
seasoned salt
1 large can spagetti sauce
mix beef, crackers, italian seasoning, pepper in large bowl with hands. roll into 1" balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. dust with seasoned salt and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. put balls into warm sauce (heheh).
These will make a great sandwich if you throw them on a roll and add mozzerella. try it.
In other news, after a hard-fought battle at the taco bell last night I am the BURRITO CHAMPION. Kate and I both ate bean burritos until we almost puked, but I won by about 1/4 of a burrito. We both separately decided to have burritos for lunch as well. Now that's dedication.
-Dan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment